Fini!

After starting this medieval deer needlepoint a few months ago, I finally stuffed and stitched it up. Not easy but very rewarding. Usually I frame my needlepoints, so this is the first cushion I’ve made. The thick braided piping was a bit of a challenge, but I finally made it. I had a piece of blue velvet backing, and stuffing from a thrift store pillow, so all I had to buy to finish this up was the trim, which I got at a fabric outlet. Not bad for a grand total of $14, including the canvas and yarn.2015-02-27 05.22.45I’ve been trying to find an inspiration for my next needlepoint project in antique tapestries. I’m hoping to design my own canvas this time. Another first. We’ll see. The Textile Center garage sale is coming up in April and I’m already signed up to volunteer again. Maybe I’ll run across a canvas there! Always a terrific event.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s